I love French Toast...and this recipe for Cream sounds GREAT!!! (from All Recipes)
1 cup packed brown sugar
6 slices French Bread
1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon brandy-based orange liqueur (Grand Marnier)
14 teaspoon salt
(note--I think a pinch of cinnamon would be good)
Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Mix in brown sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
Remove crusts from bread (note--I thought this step was silly, so I skipped it).
Arrange bread in the baking dish in a single layer.
In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, vanilla, orange brandy, and salt.
Pour over bread.
Cover and chill at least 8 hours, or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Remove dish from refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes, or until puffed and lightly browned.
Here's a slightly different version by Smitten Kitchen, using brioche. Yum!http://smittenkitchen.com/2011/05/creme-brulee-french-toasts/
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Here are 10 great snacks to keep you cool................
- Try some cooled hard boiled eggs with a little sea salt
- a Smoothie is great it will fill you up and give you energy along with a quick cool down
- Frozen Grapes are great they give you a cool mouth and also are sweet without any milky base
- Cold Noodle dishes are delicious and have terrific filling attributes
- Of Course Ice Cream is a favorite, any flavor does the trick
- Ice cold Water is the best for filling you up so you don't eat too heavy and also to cool your insides, plus add a lemon or orange slice for a little flavor
- Spicy foods are another way to go, they make you sweat and then cause a cooling feeling with the outside winds or a fanning
- Jerky, homemade is the best, it is a good one for substance and fills you up
- Watermellon is terrific it not only cools you up but you can eat a ton and not gain a lot since it is mostly made up of water. :)
- Spring Rolls are great just roll them up and fill your tummys!
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Over at "Sweet Tea makes Three" she has the recipe for this wonderful no bake Banna Cake....
Ok here is a favorite of mine:
Oreo Pudding Dessert
This one without the vanilla pudding
- crumbled Oreos [light]
- 1 whole Oreo
- light chocolate [dark fudge] instant pudding
- light vanilla instant pudding
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- light whipped cream
Make small dessert cups, pour 3 of Oreos in bottom of cup, layer with semi sweet chips, chocolate pudding, whip cream, vanilla pudding, and top with whipped cream and sprinkle a little Oreos over top! Yummy...ok maybe not real "light" but sure is good!!! :)