I just love Sponge Bob....
Here is a great Jam recipe....
Amish Apple Butter
- Apples (half sweet and half tart)
- apple cider
- sugar (3 cups to every 2 quarts cider)
- Cut apples into eighths (no need to peel or core them),
- put them in the bottom of a large, heavy pot.
- Cover with apple cider, bring to a boil,
- then turn the heat down and simmer until the apples are mushy.
- Run the apples through a food mill to remove the peels and seeds,
- then dump back into the pot with the juices.
- Add the sugar, bring to a boil again,
- then put on the lowest heat and simmer.
- Stir every half hour or so for the first couple of hours.
- As it thickens, stir it more frequently.
- When the apple butter is the proper, spreadable consistency, flavor liberally with cinnamon, cloves, and allspice.
- Can as you would jelly.