The ingredients you add to your frittata are mix and match as you like, and making frittatas is a great way to clean out your fridge. :)
4 to 6 servings
- Eggs -- 6 to 8
- Milk -- 3 or 4 tablespoons
- Optional ingredients (see variations) -- 1 to 2 cups
- Salt and pepper -- to taste
- Olive oil -- 2 or 3 tablespoons
- Beat the eggs and milk together in a large bowl until smooth.
- Prepare the optional ingredients as needed. Allow to cool if necessary and stir into the eggs. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized cast-iron or non-stick skillet over medium-low flame. Give the egg mixture a big stir and pour into the skillet and cook over low heat until the frittata is well set but still runny on the top, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Set the frittata in the oven under a broiler until the eggs are cooked through and lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Let the frittata rest for 5 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve with a side salad and slices of crusty bread.