Christmas is almost here and there are so many delicious recipes floating around...one of my old time favorites is to make my family "Magic Cookie Wonder Bars" that was my mom's traditional recipe....I love them but can only eat a few as they are so rich...there are many versions of these wonderful bars this is the one I use...
Magic Cookie Wonder Bars
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 1/2 bag coconut
- 1/2 bag chopped walnuts
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package of graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup margarine
- melt margarine in the bottom of a 9" x 9" glass baking dish in microwave [or melt margarine and pour in a metal 9" x 9" baking pan
- spread graham cracker crumbs and use a fork to dampen all the crumbs spreading them a little up the sides
- pour the sweetened condensed milk over the crumb crust
- sprinkle the semi-sweet chocolate pieces over the milk
- sprinkle the coconut over the chocolate pieces
- top with the nuts
- bake @ 350' till the top is browned a little and the sides bubbling about 20 minutes
- let cool on a rack
- refrigerate about an hour
- cut into squares and serve
- About 12-15 servings depending on how large a piece you want [my hubby eats 3 at a time, lol]
I love these for lunch, they are easy and taste great, they remind me of the little pizza bits I used to make when I was younger, I would make them on a 1/2 a bagel with tomato sauce and a little shredded cheese with a bit of pepperoni, only now my tummy cannot handle the pepperoni so I eat it plain.. but just as good!!! If you haven't tried these you should if you're a pizza lover as I am!
One of the gals in my Red Hat group Social Butterflies brought this cake to our Christmas party. It was fantastic, so I am sharing it here as it is easy and everyone loves it.
3 eggs ¼ t. salt
2 C sugar 1 C oil
2 C flour ½ C walnuts ( I slightly toast)
2 t. cinnamon 3-4 apples diced ( green, medium
1 t. baking soda sized)
Mix all ingredients together, add 3-4 apples. Batter will be thick.
Bake 350 degree for 45 minutes in lightly greased 9 x 13 pan … while cooling and after DO NOT COVER SEALED – or be sure air can flow around it otherwise it gets damp !!