Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Easy Fun Cinnamom Twists for the Kids and You

I found this recipe over at Little Birdie Secrets and had to share it here. These are what my mom alwyas made me when I was little, but they were made with dough from scratch during those days. I loved them. And during Christmas time she always made them with the left over scrapes of dough for me. :) Fond memories of mom and me... :) Enjoy they are easy and scruptious...

Easy Cinnamon Twists

Today is my (Jessica's) birthday! That means I am in the mood for some treats. These cinnamon twists are super easy and tasty. Any recipe that only takes 4 ingredients is an automatic winner in my book! My boys love to help me make them, which makes for a fun activity as well.




Easy Cinnamon Twists


2 T. Sugar


1 tsp. ground cinnamon


1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls


2 T. butter, melted


Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon and set aside. Unroll the crescent dough and separate it into 4 rectangles. Press each into a 6x4 inch rectangle. (press perforations together to seal).


Brush the tops of 2 rectangles with melted butter and sprinkle with about half of the sugar mixture. Top each with remaining rectangle; press edges lightly. Brush tops with melted butter.


With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut each rectangle stack lengthwise into 6 strips. Twist each strip 3 times and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.


Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Brush tops with any remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture! Enjoy!

No comments: